This course has been designed for new SolidWorks Motion users who would like to learn to perform motion analysis on their designs. The course provides an in-depth session on the basics of building, simulating and refining a mechanical design system.
Classroom: 1 sessions, 7 hours each
Virtual Classroom: 2 sessions 3-1/2 hours each
Attendees must have experience modeling with SolidWorks.
• Introduction to user interface
• Constraint mapping concepts
• Action only forces and moments
• Action/Reaction forces and moments
• Motion drivers
• Building models for kinematic analysis
• Create displacement, velocity, acceleration and force graphics
• Translatory and torsional springs
• Translatory and torsional dampers
• 3D Contact to simulate realistic interaction between parts
• Impact forces
• Using Function builder and Expressions to build complex motions and forces
• Flexible connectors - Bushings
• Kinematic and Dynamic analysis
• Redundancies - Importance and how to avoid/solve them
• Export of results to SolidWorks Simulation (stress analysis)
At Course Completion
Students will have a strong understanding of how to utilize the tool in SolidWorks Motion to improve their design cycles and their designs.
The SolidWorks Motion training guide will be supplied at the beginning of class and is yours to keep.
Price Single Student - 995.00 or 2 Professional Development Credits May be available as part of Catalyst or Professional Development Programs
Class Schedule To sort by date or location select the column titles.